Dos & Don'ts - Fireworks Display
* Buy fireworks of authorized/reputed manufacturers only.
* Light only one firework at a time, by one person. Others should watch from a safe distance.
* Keep the fireworks to be used at a safer place.
* Organize a community display of fireworks rather than individuals handling crackers.
* Always use a long candle/'phooljhari' for igniting fire crackers and keep elbow joint straight to increase the distance between the body and the crackers.
* Keep two buckets of water handy. In the event of fire, extinguish flame by pouring water from the buckets. Every major fire is small when it starts.
* In case of burns, pour large quantity of water on the burnt area.
* In case of major burns, after extinguishing the fire, remove all smoldering clothes. Wrap the victim in a clean bedsheet.
* The patient should be taken to a burns specialist or a major hospital. Don't panicky.
* In case of eye burns, wash the eye with tap water for 10 minutes and take the victim to a hospital.
* Don't ignite fireworks while holding them.
* Don't bend over the fireworks being ignited.
* Don't ignite fireworks in any container.
* Don't approach immediately to the misfired fireworks.
* Don't tamper with misfired fireworks.
* Don't attempt to make fireworks at home.
* Don't allow small children to handle fireworks.
* Don't throw or point fireworks at other people.
* Don't carry fireworks in the pocket.
* Don't store firecrackers near burning candles and diyas.
* Don't light firecrackers in narrow by lanes; preferably use open areas and parks.
* Don't wear synthetic clothing; preferably wear thick cotton clothing.
* Don't wear loosely hanging clothes; secure all clothes properly.
* Don't apply any cream or ointment or oil on burnt area.
* Don't drive recklessly while taking a burn victim to the hospital; a delay of up to one hour is immaterial.
* Don't light flying fireworks if there is a heavy wind
Export to Uganda - 9 - 11 August 2017 - EXPORT TO UGANDA